Foreclosure Attorney in Chicago, IL
Every homeowner dreads the possibility of a foreclosure. A foreclosure occurs when a homeowner can no longer make his mortgage payments on time and the lender begins the process of reclaiming the property. If you are currently going through the foreclosure process, or are concerned that you may in the near future, it’s important for you to hire the services of Benjamin Brand, LLP. J. Kevin Benjamin, Esq. is a Chicago, IL foreclosure attorney with 25 years of experience. If your Chicago-area property is facing foreclosure, Mr. Benjamin and his associates can help you in the following ways:
Explore Your Legal Options
If you endure the foreclosure process alone, it’s easy to feel helpless and out of options. However, there are plenty of ways you can emerge from the foreclosure process with a decent credit score and get on with your life. For example, you can get an automatic stay and restructure your outstanding mortgage payments by filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. A skilled bankruptcy and foreclosure attorney like J. Kevin Benjamin can help you explore your options and decide which one is best given your situation.
Negotiate a Deal with Your Lender
Contrary to popular belief, most lenders do not want to foreclose on their borrowers. If there’s another option available, lenders will likely take it. An experienced foreclosure defense attorney knows the ins and outs of foreclosure law, and can speak on your behalf during negotiations. With help from an attorney, you and your lender may be able to agree on a short sale, a mortgage loan modification, or another solution that benefits everyone. Depending on your financial situation, you may be able to keep your house or walk away from the situation without devastating your credit score.
Avoid the Foreclosure Process Altogether
Don’t wait for a foreclosure notice to call your lawyer. The moment you realize that you’re going to miss a mortgage payment, get on the phone with J. Kevin Benjamin, Esq. Mr. Benjamin and his team of Chicago bankruptcy attorneys can help you make sense of your finances and come up with a solution that will help you avoid the foreclosure process altogether. Even if your lender presents you with a foreclosure notice, Mr. Benjamin can challenge their grounds for doing so.
The earlier you contact Mr. Benjamin or one of his associates, the better chance you have of getting through the foreclosure process with your pride intact. Mr. Benjamin is a Chicago foreclosure lawyer who is a member of the Federal Trial Bar and U.S. Tax Court. He is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court.
Why Choose Us?
- You can meet with an experienced law Partner in the Firm not some associate.
- We concentrate in foreclosure defense and bankruptcy so we have more options to offer you then other attorneys
- We also represent individuals in Chapter 11's that offer better loan workout and restructuring options then Chapter 13 and most bankruptcy lawyers do not know how to do it.
- We offer a free no obligation consultation where we will discuss your option or options, tell you the pros and cons of each one, the fees and costs and help you make an informed decision. There can be more then one solution!
- We offer affordable payment plans and fixed fees in most cases.
- We have the specialized knowledge to incorporate your student loan debt into your bankruptcy protection